
Caprise in Purple and Gold, the Golden Screen
by James Abbott McNeill Whistler
Day 1 after eye surgery and I already feel like
I could conquered the world.
I have to wear these shades inside and out
(much like the Terminator)
which have increased my anticipation
of seeing the world through
my own eyes.
I honestly cannot wait to view a painting
or hike a national park-
to be able to see color palettes and textures
without impediment.
Even to see the details of a person's face,
including my own.
To paint my own piece
or to just sit somewhere and watch people.
I'm just so excited right now
and grateful that things are looking up,
that I am healing.
[To my father, Ralph Puckett: Thank you for the best birthday gift.
I really do appreciate your generosity so much.]
-------------------------
post-script: The only down side is that I have to wear these at night :/
No comments:
Post a Comment