Monday, March 29, 2010

LII. How I survived high school


I remember being obsessed with the Strokes in high school,
even imagining that Julian would let me sing with them.
A lot of high school memories come with their first and second album. And a lot of inspiration,
if you can call it that.

I lost track of them, so when I heard Julian's solo stuff,
nostalgia kicked in.
I love that music can do that. I mean, it can be dangerous too,
especially if it's a love song (*sigh* my HS crush...) or a song that makes you want to hurt somebody,
but man, there's nothing like hearing something
that takes you back "to the good ole days"
and helps you remember the good times that would've otherwise
still been stored in the attic,
covered in dust and cobwebs.

Here's what I found:

I miss: Ericka Ekstrom, Reid Chambers and Alden Wellmen,
spring of 2002
when we met up to start a band that did
Strokes and Pearl Jam covers.
Learning about emo from Ericka.
Alden and his incredible bright orange kit.
Riding the bus with Reid.
Up until just now, I had forgotten about
our silly ambition.
It really helped me through a lot.

Anywayyy,
Julian's music video speaks for itself.
Is it not one of the most epic mvs you've seen??



Julian, you will always inspire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment