Thursday, August 13, 2009

XXI. Hungry?


My family was never a "stuffed peppers" family, but man, is that about to change...

In Korea, you have to be creative with the food you make. Limited ingredients. Cramped space. Time constraint. Apathy.

After remembering a dish my friend made me try in middle school, I decided to whip this together (I was trying to clean out my food closet). It's my own SUPER easy version of stuffed peppers. I'm eating it now. Delicious:



Ingredients:
-3 red or yellow peppers
-chicken flavored wild rice
-sharp chedder cheese
-olive oil

Direction:
-Pre-cook the rice according to the package instructions and set aside.
-Wash the peppers and cut them in half, lengthwise, cleaning out the seeds.
-Rub a slight amount of olive oil in the pan as well as the outside of the peppers.
-Place the peppers in the pan and spoon generous amounts of the cooked rice into them.
-Then (my favorite part) smother, and I mean smother, those little suckers with cheese. Icing on the cake.
-Bake for about 15-20 minutes, checking regularly. The sides of the peppers should be a liiiittle brown and the cheese well melted.

Mmmm. Hope you like it :]

No comments:

Post a Comment