Wednesday, July 14, 2010

LXXXV. Verklempt.


I'm leaving for Korea on Tuesday. I found out last night. I have a lot of explaining to do.


[From the beginning]

I knew before I came home from Korea last December '09 that I would return.
In fact, I was shooting to be back in Seoul by March at the latest.
But it was too soon with the holidays, birthdays, weddings, babies, what have you...
So I had planned on returning to Korea in August.

I was applying for many positions, but the perfect one hadn't popped up.
Then about two nights ago, a recruiter found a job that
might as well have just been tailored for me, it was that perfect.
I told my mom about it and she had been praying for that exact position; a sign of faith.

I'll be working in a school in Gangnam in Seoul, Korea,
which is exactly where I wanted to be and a tough position to find.
I'll be working with pre-school to kindergardeners which is my fav age-group,
with opportunities to use my singing and acting to engage them during lessons.
I'll have the same class all year, which is so great to develop relationships
and make a lasting, positive impact.
My salary is amazing, and to top that, we get holiday bonuses (who does that in Korea?!)
I work normal hours 9-6 so that I can eat dinner at home and be more involved in the evenings.
Ahhh.


SO, all that being said, I'm very excited but extremely sad that I'm leaving so soon.
Thankfully- I SOLD PANDA TODAY! (whew)
And my job here told me I didn't need to worry about the rest of my hours.

I got a bit verklempt today and my stomach starting acting up a LOT
so, I really hope that y'all understand.
I can only see you once since there's a lot to be done,
but please call me and let's make that happen. :)







5 comments:

  1. nice, sounds like everything is working out for you l!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!!! so cool! God is so rad!! So excited for you and cant wait to hear about it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im so excited for you!!! have funnn!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you :) GOD PROVIDES FOR REAL!!!
    but, I'm sad for me :( hahaha...will you miss you prettybee and maybe will see you when we come to pick up baby carson!!!

    ReplyDelete