Sunday, May 30, 2010

LXXI. Virginia History Pt. 4/5: Good Eats, DC


Chrissie and Susan celebrating Susan's certification!

Food stops:
Potbelly's, Fairfax
Fish Market, Alexandria
Ben's Chili Bowl, DC
Ray's Hell Burger, Arlington
Johnny Rocket's, Georgetown (the mocha shake)
mom's kitchen, my house
**Guapo's in Manassas and El Pollo Rico in Arlington were on the list,
but I assumed those types of things would be better in California.

Day 4: Sleep in, Ray's Hell Burger, & shakes and shopping in Georgetown.
Day 5: Tour monuments and then the most incredible meal (돈까스)
by my mother, Mrs. Puckett.


I hadn't ridden a double-decker since London
and quickly remembered how great it was.


I had toured the DC monuments and museums by foot tonsss of times, but I must say that the Hop-on, Hop-off double-decker bus is amazing. A bit pricey (we paid ~$30), but if you are visiting for two days, it's really great (and only a few dollars more). There are three routes with a ton of stops that cover pretty much all of DC and parts of Arlington, VA. The next time someone visits, I'm saving my feet and doing this again. But watch your head and don't get decapitated..


No comments:

Post a Comment