Thursday, January 14, 2010

XXXVIII. Straight up.


THIS IS A RANT. So don't read it, unless you want to experience the frustrations of my mind.

It's weird.
When I was younger this would seriously scare me: "For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths."

It's a pet peeve of mine when Christians tell me about God,
when all they're telling me are their own opinions that they think are God's
yet they themselves don't spend time with God.

They don't know the Bible, which is "the Word of God" nor do they pray and ask God to reveal himself to them. In my opinion, the Christians of today are practically agnostic. By definition an agnostic is a person "who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God." We would never disclaim God, but we don't have faith. We don't believe in the unknown anymore. Our actions reveal that God is situational. He only comes out when the timing is right and when it makes sense.
I go back to why I was scared.

People will inevitably fall away from truth, because it's just so damn hard to handle sometimes. I always got that. Got that one good.

I was scared because I didn't want to be one of those people who knew the love of God to be so real, yet come to a point in my life when I wouldn't care about my spiritual temperature. Yet, I'm falling into my own fearrr! I'm drowning in a pool of my own luke warm water.

Here's an even bigger pet peeve, if you're a Christian with a sterile heart, DON'T SPREAD YOUR PARALYSIS.

Don't say you love God if you don't really love God and be careful when you say you love God if you don't love people.


(As a side note, please don't try to argue for or against weed. We're all missing the point.)


I say all these things talking about myself... yet even with all things considered, there's hope...



No comments:

Post a Comment