As I had promised myself for Christmas, I ignored my "budget" and bought Doc Martens yesterday, after some time walking about without purpose. I don't know what it is, but shopping alone can be very pleasurable. Maybe it's the guilt-free nature of selfishly buying anything you want without judgement or the fact that you can go where you please and take your sweet time. Let's just say that true colors come out when I am alone.

But what would I do if I wanted to be alone all the time? Yesterday I learned about loners in Japan, called the Hikikomori. These young people isolate themselves in their homes for years as a result of feeling unable to deal with the real world. I really felt a kindred spirit (but I guess I'm not as intense) within these kids. They just can't get out of a funk...

...but some of them listen to music. I cannot express how much love I feel for music, apart from my first love. It flows from a place I cannot describe, that theologians would explain as my soul. I can only hope and pray that my future will lead me to be involved with music internationally. Who knows, maybe I'll end up in Japan and jam out with some kids who can't get their heads in the game (aka the real world). That would actually be pretty sweet.
Japan has come up a lot lately. You'd think the place was freaking awesome since it's so affluent, and parts of it are pretty great, but the truth is that because of isolation (on so many levels), there's a lot of darkness in Japan. A lot of people are in desperation, with no way out. If you're thinking about going to Japan to do something good for those people, GO. Stop reading this pathetic blog and go start your own. About Japan.
As for me, I'm still searching, but it's all very good.
No comments:
Post a Comment